Monday, October 22, 2007

So tired...

I am just dragged out tired.  I worked on a unit today doing personal care on residents.  Its hard work and I'm dog-tired.  I want to try and get out tomorrow and get some nice fall scenery pictures to share.  I also need to get to the grocery and maybe to Walmart.  I'm expecting a propane delivery soon also and will have that bill to pay.  Its hard to get ahead.  Those two kids in the graphic above remind me of me and my brother and sister when we were kids.  We had huge maples in our front yard and would rake up huge piles of leaves and jump in them.  Some of the piles would tower over us and we could dive into the middle of them.  It was fun to rake when we could do that, but funny how it turns into a chore quickly when told you HAVE to do it! 

Halloween is just around the corner.  Sarah has decided she wants to be a deer!  I have to go out and see if I can find her a plain brown hoodie to wear.  I believe she already has brown pants.  If I can only find a brown hoodie with a design, it can be turned inside out because the fuzzy inside will look like fur.  I want to see if my friend Dave can rustle up a small pair of antlers for me.  I think she will look cute.  I will also see if I can get some brown and white felt and make her a tail. 

Travis is going to be the Grim Reaper again like he was last year.  I think this year will be his last one, because he might be getting a little bit too old to be having Mommy taking him Trick or Treating ( he is 16).  Maybe I'll dress up and score some candy too.  Several years ago, when I lived in a different town, we got alot of people at Halloween come to the house.  One year after I put candy in their bags, I noticed my Trick or treaters were a couple of older women!  They had face paint on but I could see the wrinkles right under it!  I vowed that the next year, I would catch them, but darned if they didn't trick me again!  Shame on them and me!  Maybe I'll do my hillbilly costume again this year.  I dress in old jeans and an old flannel shirt and stuff it to give myself a big beer belly.  I weara hat and put on face paint to make it look like a beard and moustache.  Thats always fun and the seniors at the nursing home get quite a kick out of it.  One year I even brought a whisky flask and was dragging a stuffed bear around on a rope.  The flask was empty of course, but I kept asking people if they wanted a toot on it.  Well, time to go... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda I really enjoy reading your journal.  I remember you three in those leaf piles.  Just think now they have rakers you pull behind the mower.  I got a kick out of Sarah wanting to be a deer.  Why not look for a pair of reindeer antlers?  Most of the stores have Christmas stuff out and you could remove any Christmas trim on them. She will look cute!  Have you wathced the movie open season?  it is so funny.  Keep your chin up Linda and remember I love you Mom

Anonymous said...

The deer will be a cute one. Hope your daughter has fun and gets lots of candy which I'm sure she needs like all kids do now days, huh? lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Being a deer is a clever idea, I bet she'll be cute.  I had to laugh when you said you saw the wrinkles under the older woman's makeup...LOL.  Well give them an A for effort, right.  Your hillbilly costume sounds great, I bet the residents do get a kick out of that.  I remember jumping in leaf piles as a kid too, those were carefree fun days.  Too bad we don't realize it then.  Hope you wake up!!
Lisa