Thursday, September 18, 2008

Almost a week

What a cute tag from Robyn at My Creative Corner,  she is very talented and one of the artists that I enjoy getting snags and tags from.  She has some awesome Halloween ones out!  You know how I love Halloween! 

Rich has been here for a week now and I have found myself falling into my old pattern of self doubt and insecurity.  He was not feeling good last night and moody and quiet and kept to himself so I automatically felt it was because he didn't care for me anymore and wanted to leave.  I got myself so worked up I got to crying.  Then I had a headache.  Sheesh.  I need to stop doing such self-destructive behavior because that type of insecurity does drive men away! 

Not much else going on.  Rich and Karl both have colds and don't feel good.  Sarah is going off her insulin pump for a while because it has not been working good for her.  I think the majority of the problem is her lack of body fat.  You need a good fatty area to put the inset needle and she has barely any on her.  She is very lean.  We have been using the same areas over and over and it is not good. 

I am due to go back to work Monday.  I am looking forward to seeing my co-workers and residents again but feel that I will have a problem keeping up for a couple days!  I am not ready for an 8 hr day!  The bills also keep rolling in and the money I do have rolls right back out!  I should get a disability check in about a week or so.  I hope so, because I need it.  By the time it comes, I should have a paycheck from Wesley again too.  I did receive a small one Wed. but I promptly used it to pay my house payment! 

I got the pleasure of talking to Dad and Mary yesterday from Dad's Tomato Garden Journal.  Link on right.  He has an outdoor webcam.  I have not had the opportunity to catch a glimpse of him yet.  He is like the elusive Yeti on the webcam!  :)

Birdfeeder action has heated up, but I don't think I will do bird cam like I wanted to.  I have a feeder right outside my kitchen window and I really enjoy watching the birds come and go during the day.  I think they feel fall coming on and are busy storing up fat reserves and hiding food for the upcoming winter.  We may have a frost tonight also!  It is hard to believe that Oct. is only 2 weeks away. 

Well, I have rambled on enough today.  Enjoy fall Y'all!

courtesy of Sugar Shack keepsakes  link on right

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our female hummingbirds are still here, but they're really sucking up the nectar, so I know they'll be heading south soon. I always hate to see them go. :(

Linda, don't let insecurities get a hold of you!! If your spouse or partner is quiet, there's nothing wrong with asking if everything is okay, or sometimes if they're upset, but if they say no, everything is fine, I just don't feel well, etc., don't press it. You said it--people don't like being around that kind of insecurity, and it doesn't matter if it's a man or woman. I had a BF once who was SO clingy and needy, and it drove me up the wall!

Be confident. Know that he is there because he wants to be. Why? Because you're pretty, smart, and a fun person to be around. That's my advice, anyway. :)

Hugs, Beth

Anonymous said...

Be confident in yourself!  I hope everything works out for you!!!

Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

Hope you get the pump thing going right again for little Sarah...Rich may be just a moody type and get into moods...I am sure all you have to do is ask if anything is botherignhima dn if he tells you no;  BELIEVE him!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

You do need to stop the destructive behavior, or though that's easy for me to say isn't it?  I wish the pump was working better for your daughter.  I hope you enjoy your day.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Believe in yourself and your own worth, no matter what!

Anonymous said...

Poor Sarah, I hope you can get the pump working properly.  Try not to get yourself so upset about Rich when he is moody ~ he's a man and we all know how moody men are!!!  He obviously cares for you or he wouldn't be there so relax and push those thoughts out of your mind when they come and don't let him see you so upset over nothing.    
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've been missing out on all your news good and bad. Well not really bad. Hope things are going okay now. Hope Rich feels better so you feel better. Sure hope Sarah's problem is solved too. She is such a sweet girl. Paula