Sunday, September 14, 2008

Learning curve

Things have been interesting around here as everyone adjusts to having new people in the house and the new people adjust to living here.  Rich has been great helping me get the house in order.  I had a yard sale yesterday and made $55.  It rained overnight however and everything I had out got soaked.  I am giving away the stuff that I don't want now.  The kids have been having a great time with Rich's son here.  He is at a great age where he is like a little brother to Travis and a playmate for Sarah. 

Money is continuing to trickle in despite the fact that I have not gotten any disability or paycheck in two weeks.  Travis got his last paycheck and I had to commendeer it to pay some bills.  I got $20 to do private duty for an hour and then the yard sale money helps.  Also getting child support still. 

There has been an issue with my kids and lack of structure but I am going to work on that.  They do need more structure.  It has pretty much been a free for all here the last two years.  Also when the house is cleaned up it needs to stay that way!  I can't be a slob anymore, or the kids for that matter! 

Wish us luck! 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping brighter days are ahead for you & your family!!!!!!

Hugs,
Hollie

Anonymous said...

I do wish you luck.  What a shame that the things you did not sell got soaked.  I do hope your financial situation improves.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your new venture into life. Helen

Anonymous said...

Things will get brighter....I know they will.  Just something I did, which looking back on I'm GLAD I did.  Try and use as little child support as possible for daily expenses.  Stash every dime because you never know when you'll have to fight to keep keep it or increase it.  I've got a site set up completely devoted to advice when it comes to non State specific child support.  Just a thought from someone who has been there, you don't want to have to count on that money.  However, the law is ALWAYS on your side as custodial parent!    I'm sure the kids will fall into a routine now with school and fall activities starting.  It's always hard, but you do have support out here of other moms who have done it and succeeded.  I know it's hard, but with help from "Above" you'll do fine!  Sue

Anonymous said...

Glad you made a little money on the yard sale! Whenever Ken and I have one (we've only had a couple, because they're a lot of work!), if things are left, we take most of it to Goodwill. The whole point is to get rid of the stuff and clear it out!

Sounds like Rich has been a big help--good deal!

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Glad the yard sale went well ~ pity the things you left out overnight got soaked ~ I do wish you Luck ~ glad the kids have been having a great time ~ hope the money situation gets better ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I hope things will settle soon around there and everything can get back to normal with order. :) Kelly

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fun & exciting time for everyone overall.   Wishing you all the best.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I found that if there is more than one person living in a house, things get out of control so quickly.  I had to be organized when my kids were here.  We'd be tripping over things and each other!  You can do it!  hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

That would be an adjustment.  I can't imagine having people suddenly living with me, no matter who they are.  
Jamie