Monday, July 9, 2007

Two more days until Mom!

I awoke this morning to a thunderstorm coming in from the west.  We are having them for a while this morning it looks like.  I need to hurry up and get off here.  I've been really busy the last few days with work and getting ready for my Mom to visit.  Kids and I did a thorough cleaning of the living room.  Now this entails more than just picking up.  The floor is littered with toys, papers, popcorn, pens, garbage etc...  These kids are slobs and when I get home I'm usually exhausted and let things slide.  It looks really good now.  Just need some touch up work like glass cleaning and another vacuum session with carpet fresh.  I went to a few garage sales this weekend, primarily looking for something unusual to turn into a flower planter.  I signed up for that for the fair, unusual planter.  I was thinking of using my planter that has rabbits on it, but I realized thats not really unusually and I think they are looking for something different.  I saw a couple construction helmets but they were too rolley.  I may look in Dave's garage, they have alot of things just sitting on shelfs.  I was also thinking about maybe a tackle box.  Have to look at one and see what I can do.  One of the rules is that the plants must be grown in the container.  I don't know if they mean grown from seed or grown for a while or just planted in the container and not in another pot and set in the container.  Sigh...  oh well, how are they gonna tell the difference?  I also realized I signed up to make a carrot cake too.  So I have to buy the ingrediants for that.  Luckily its just for a single layer cake.  Well time to go.  Have a nice week everyone!  Linda

Thanks Sugar for the pretty graphic!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

enjoy your visit... and I love the idea of the tool box...  my mom has plants in an old work boot....  
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Im doing cleaning today - and probably doing it tomorrow and the next day LOL Laine xxx

Anonymous said...

An old tool box sounds good. Just so they can see that it can be watered and that the water can run out I suppose. Wish you could find an old aluminum kettle that is kinda beat up or old wash pan. If I had either I would send it to you LOL. I don't have anything interesting. Hope your Mom gets there safely and that you all have a great time. Hugs, Helen

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly have your plate full, hope you accomplish all, and have a great visit with your mom. gg/Jackie

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I would of loved doing something like finding an unusual flower container. Sounds like fun! (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Boy...you're busy! :o) That still sounds like fun...putting in an entry at the fair. I'll have to look inti it. :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope you post a picture of the planter!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Mom a safe journey.  Know you will all so enjoy the visit!  Can't wait to see what you do for a planter!  -  Barbara