Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day trip to Lake George

Today, my friend Barbara, Sarah and I went up to beautiful Lake George.  Its about 1/2 hour north of Saratoga in the Adirondack Mountains.  Its a wonderful lake with alot of activities nearby.  Today we went on a one hour cruise on the Minnie-ha-ha.  Its an authentic steam paddle boat.  It had a calliope on it and a great horn.  We cruised up next to all the mansions lining the shores.  After that, we walked around downtown and went in and out of some shops, checked out the bikes and the bikers as its the last day of Americade.  Thats an annual motorcycle rally.  There are alot of nice people and nice bikes!  AOL is having picture problems right now, but I have a bunch to share. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The lake sounds beautiful, I love the old paddle steamers! Love bikes too, I'd love a Harley! I always visit Harley shops when I see them, I have a few T-shirts and badges, just need the bike! Lol! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

SOunds like you, Sarah,  and your friend had so much fun!!!  I would love to be able to do that!!!
Love ya,
carlene
p.s.
can't wait to see the pictures!!

Anonymous said...

The pics are great Linda, I had trouble getting mine up but then I always do! Keep getting the page saying couldn't find the URL address! I love the wolf on pic3 and the lake pics are beautiful! Reminds me of my boat trip on Lake Champlain and Lake Placid! Glad you all had a good time. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

awwwwww....loved thephotos....Thanks for letting me be part of your trip@!!! Your friend looks like she is real nice!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day!  Glad you enjoyed
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a good time ~ Loved your pictures those Motorbikes are awesome ~ Lake George looks beautiful ~ and the Steam paddle boat I would love to have a ride on that ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Y'all are sure getting out and enjoying the summer...great pictures, and looks like it was a good time.