Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So sad...

Something very sad happened at work yesterday.  Our education coordinator was having her going away party.  She came in to work and was having a stroke.  Apparently, she was getting ready for work, started having the stroke and didn't realize it.  She drove all the way from Schenectady which is about a 40 minute drive, pulled the car in but left in in drive and came in with slippers and a dirty shirt on.  She was making no sense and the other people that worked in Human resources were trying to get her to sit down and she refused.  They called a Code Blue which calls all the RN's to the scene.  They tried getting oxygen on her and she became combative etc...  Last I heard she was at St. Peter's in the ICU.  Its strange how the human brain works.  This lady was so dedicated to her job that she didn't even comprehend that something wrong was going on.  She just automatically drove to work.  Thank God she made it.  I hope she will be ok.  She is the one who taught my CNA class and helped me become the Wesley employee I am today. 

The weather today is supposed to be hot and humid again.  I hate this kind of weather.  I'm glad I will be at work in the AC.  Its payday, thank God.  I am out of money.  Sarah's father is 3 weeks behind in his support payments.  I'm going to have to go back to court and have it taken right out of his check instead of waiting for him to pay me.  I am always his last priority instead of the first.  I'm sure he still has money for booze.  I've heard he hasn't even mowed his lawn yet this year and it looks like a field with just a path going to the front door.  I can only imagine what the inside looks like.  I hate that Sarah has to go there.  Well, bye for now. Linda

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor woman coming it to work in that condition. I hope she will be ok. Yes, Sarah's support should be taken out of his paycheck before he sees any of it. That is not a good place for Sarah to visit. Maybe you should take some pictures of the place and reopen the case. Helen

Anonymous said...

OMG!!  I will keep your friend in good thoughts.  Sorry to hear about 'him'... if the house is that bad maybe the courts will change the visiting rights.
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! That poor woman! I hope she will be alright! I will keep her in my prayers. Yes...do take him to court and have it taken out of his checks. I had to have that done. Sad that your daughter has to go there in those conditions as well. Surprised that children survises hasn't been called there to see those conditions and make him clean it up. I wish you the best of luck hon.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I do hope that Lady will be OK I am so glad she made it to work safely ~ and hope she makes a full recovery ~ it is still chilly here in the UK but at least it is not raining today ~ hope you can get Sarah's support money paid to you from his pay cheque before he gets hold of it ~ I would hate for my daughter to go round to such a place ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I think I would get the money out of his check too Linad...Maybe you ought to get him checked out by the child support people or the courts...sounds like "all the lights ain't on" with him.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Amazing that she made it all the way there!  Will have her in my prayers.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

wow at least she made it to work and people could help her. you need to go back to court and have them take the money first. and also have them look into his place

Deb

Anonymous said...

Wow that all sounds pretty scary. I hope she will be alright. Let us know. I don't see how in the world the court system can condone Sarah going to that place. He needs to be investigated and he better get that child support to you or I would report him, they will pick him up and put him in jail...at least I would hope. Thats one way that Sarah won't have to go over there...I been thinking about her a lot...you haven't said a whole lot about her recently...hope she is alright.

Anonymous said...

I hope your co-worker will be OK and I hope you go back to court and get the money you're owed. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

You need to find out what it is like on the inside. YOu have to know before calling DfAC. Never trust them to pay.Always get it taken from check first!