Saturday, December 1, 2007

December 1st

Isnt' that beautiful?  I got it from Emmi and Sweet and Simple Pleasures.  She has alot of beautiful tags and snags.  I can't believe it is December 1st already.  Where does the time go?  I still have more shopping and preparing to do.  I think I have enough for the kids, I just need to get stocking stuffers.  Its the grown-ups I need to still shop for!  My Dad always gets pistachios for Christmas.  I guess my brother started buying them, and now I do.  I also got some things for Dave's family.  I need to pick up Dave a couple more things.  I got him nuts so far.  LOL!  I ordered a nice fleece blanket off E-bay with a deer family on it.  I think that will look nice on his bed.  I have a couple more things coming from E-bay also.  A Halo 3 game for Travis and also a book.  I just got paid Wednesday and its gone already.  That was just on bills.  I am putting Christmas on a credit card and will pay it off when I get my income tax return in February.  I wanted to go visit my Mom this year too.  I remembered also that I wanted to get a moped or something to take to work.  The price of gas is outrageous.  If I can get a two seater moped for spring and summer it would help out.  I guess it wouldn't be very practical though living out in the country.  Gas is up to $3.29 a gallon here.  I saw some for $3.33.  Outrageous!  I may pick up some overtime at work so I can pay for gas to go to work! 

I've been thinking alot about Tiger.  Still very guilty over sending him to the shelter.  I was thinking if he makes it up for adoption to go and adopt him!  Sounds crazy doesn't it?  At least I will know he is FIV/FLV negative!  He will have had shots etc...  He is a sweet cat and loves us.  I'm silly I know.  I don't know how Lisa at Life on a Bison Farm does it!  She has a house for her cats that she rescues!  I need to go and get ready for work.  Everyone have a great day!

Thanks Donna for the tag!

hi mom and brenda

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the tags with snow falling.
Christmas will soon be upon us.
Ahhhhhhhh-still so much to do.....
~Have a good day~
connie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/specialadyfink/Anyway...../

Anonymous said...

I don't know about where you live but here to get a cat or dog out of the animal shelter that has all it's shots and has been spayed cost $65.00 and a dog cost $80.00. Thought you might want to ckeck it out. Good luck. Helen

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend.  The animal shelter here charges $90 to adopt dogs and $80 for cats.  
Missie

Anonymous said...

gas here is out of control.....   and it appears it will just keep going up.
Have a great weekend
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Glad you almost got all your Christms shooping done, the prices for petrol are shocking almost as bad as here.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

I just started thinking about Christmas presents ::sigh::  Will wait until a week day to shop though.  Hop eyou day at work went well!

Bethe    

Anonymous said...

I have wondered that about Lisa too and I'm so proud of her for doing that for those cats!  We need people like her around that's for sure!  AND you have to have a friggin good job to pay for ALL those cats medical expenses and food whew!  You know those cats are loved!  I think it's cute that you want to go get that cat again I would so the same thing I think!  lol  You really end up missing them when they are gone that's for sure.  

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, it is a labor of love.  Trying to get Tiger back would be a great idea.   It is so hard to get folks to adopt, especially if they aren't a cute & cuddly kitten.  That is why so many of mine are older - no one else wants them.  :(  Gas prices are crazy, it is costing $80 to fill up now - I wonder if there is any end in sight.  
Lisa