Sunday, December 2, 2007

Not a good day yesterday...

Around 9:30 AM yesterday I started feeling sick at work, like I was going to pass out.  I got really hot and kept feeling like I couldn't catch my breath.  I kept working, still not feeling great.  If I sat down it helped.  Around 10:30 I went up to 4S to have the nurse take my blood pressure.  I took my temp and it was 101.3 !  My vital signs were fine except my pulse was a little fast.  She called the charge nurse and they sent me home..  Now I will have to make up that day.  If you are sick on a weekend, they have you make it up.  Maybe they will over look it because I did go to work and was sent home.  I'm not doing it next Saturday though because I am taking the kids to New York City!  My friend Barbara is coming with me. 

I spent the day sleeping and laying on the couch watching TV mostly.  I was supposed to go to a benefit fundraiser dinner for a local family, but still felt too wiped out to do that.  This family lost their home due to soaring financial burdens.  The dad has been in the hospital for a long time.  I sent them some clothes and food.  I feel bad I couldn't make it too the dinner.  I am trying to make it by myself.  My child support payments should keep me afloat until next payday I hope. 

Sarah's Dad actually called her Grandmother so he could visit her!  She went up to his house and they had a late Thanksgiving dinner.  I guess the "friend" was there.  Thats ok with me.  Sarah said the house had a lot of fruit flies and was pretty dirty still.  The guy isn't working, he should get off his ass and clean at least.  He could get a job if he wanted too, he probably wants one that paid as well as his last one, so he will sit and collect unemployment in the mean time.  Not that I'm one to talk, my house is a wreck.  I am very lazy when it comes to housework.  There are no fruit flies in the house however! 

We are expecting a snow storm tonight.  I still have no idea how to work the snowblower.  I will have to have Dave come over and show me how.  Or maybe he can come over tomorrow and snowblow for me.  I am working tomorrow too and won't have time to do it.  Usually its dark by the time I get home.  Seems the storms always come when I have to work.  I bet there will be alot of call ins too.  Usually are during a big storm.  OK time to go.  Here is a nice couple pictures from Sugar!

hi mom!  hi brenda!  xxxxoooo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. we got snow last night here in philadelphia, but only about an inch. today they say freezing rain and then rain. Keep warm. (((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better.  We got a little dusting here in Reading, PA.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you start feeling better...we got 4-5 inches here in central WI.  We moved from the city to the country and it's nice now that I don't HAVE to go out there and snow in fear of getting a ticket!  Now we do it on our own time...IF we want to get out of our driveway...then we plow lol.  Good luck tomorrow!  

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly, and hope it passes soon, Have a great trip NYC.

Taske care

Yasmin

Anonymous said...

Sorry you were under the weather.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I used to really enjoy snowblowing. We had a very lond driveway.  All that snow, scooped up by the blower, without any effort....I loved it.  Got a sense of accomplishment when the job was done.  I'd be all bundled up, the kids played in the snow while I was 'blowig' then we'd go inside for hot chocolate.  It would have been perfect if the Plows wouldn't come around the corner and deposit a ton of snow at the botom of the drive.

Bethe     http://journals.aol.com/tampa0503/palm-harbor/

Anonymous said...

poor Linda!  I sure feel bad you are sick.  Ask Dave to clear the snow .  Maybe you can fix him something to eat.  I love the horse picture  Love ya meldermama

Anonymous said...

poor Linda!  I sure feel bad you are sick.  Ask Dave to clear the snow .  Maybe you can fix him something to eat.  I love the horse picture  Love ya meldermama

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling well again soon. Snow, whats that? LOL, we dont even have much rain, much less snow.

Anonymous said...

I would let Dave do the snowblowing!  Hope you are feeling better by now.
Fruit Flys, that is disgusting, there is no excuse for that!
Lisa