Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Struggling along

I've been crunching the numbers trying to get my bills paid.  The ex's unemployment stopped.  I think he hasn't been fulfilling his requirements of looking for work.  He claims it will start back up soon.  Anyhow I haven't gotten 2 weeks of child support and it hurts.  I am out of money.  Have to rely on the old credit card I guess.  I might ask work for another paycheck advance.  They take it out $75 at a time out of my checks.  I can make it up by working overtime a couple hours a week.  I need a more reliable system for paying my bills.  I think I am going to get a big piece of light construction paper and a ruler and write all my bills down on it and 12 boxes to check off each time I pay a bill.  I do most of my bills online so it will be convenient to hang it right next to the computer. 

I went to the Dr. today and my blood pressure is good.  I have only lost 4 lbs total, but I will not give up.  My next goal is to get below #190.  I also had her check out my right arm.  She diagnosed me with carpal tunnel in my arm.  It has been bothering me alot lately.  I also have strain in my elbow and shoulder for trying to compensate for the hand.  My hand is cold and numb alot.  I have to go and get a wrist support tonight.  I am supposed to take David (good one) out shopping so we are going to Wal-mart anyhow. 

My dear sweet Mommy sent me a package with two cute shirts in it!  I love them.  Also a scrub top that will fit me good after I loose a few more pounds.  She is also mailing me a CHECK!  Woohooo.  I can get more presents for the kids.  She said to get myself something too.  I wish Santa would bring me a wonderful, caring, rich husband too while he is at it!  But in the meantime I will struggle on! 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your arm gets better soon. Congrats on loosing some weight. Every bit helps. I am surprised that your B/P is good with all the worrying you have to do. A big hand to your Mom for sending you a check. Maybe that wonderful man will show up one day. I keep hoping one will come along for my daughter. Helen

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean...my son's b-day is Thursday and then xmas.....and I am out of money too.....Gosh, I wish I knew if I was getting my bonus or not. This is why I worry this time of year more so than other times...along with the hubby issue....I am on overload....

Michele

I got a check from my mom too, and bought some gifts with it too, but didn't tell her cuz she would be upset I didn't spend it on me.....but it's better for my kids to have more than me....   (wink)

Anonymous said...

God bless ya.  The economy sucks right now.  We are struggling too as are soo many people this year.  I hope you get it all worked out!!  love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

It sure does help when you have everything written down.  I have all mine in a folder and just highlight each one as they get paid over the month.  That way I can be sure it's paid before the end of the month.  Good luck with yours :)  Hope it all works out...sure does get crazy over the holiday season!  

Anonymous said...

Christmas time and the end of the year are always a rough time for us financially.  Everything seems due right before the new year.
Missie

Anonymous said...

heyyyyy if santa is giving our rich, good looking men... I want one!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I hope you find a rich one, too.  Or at least one that can help with the billls.  luv yas,  Bethe     http://journals.aol.com/tampa0503/palm-harbor/  

Anonymous said...

Four pounds is great...just keep on keeping on...we didnt put this on overnight...gonna take a while to get it off too. :) I am right there with you.