Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bad visit for Sarah

Sarah was supposed to go with her Dad last night so I asked him if he wanted to pick her up.  He said he would and then never showed up.  I called and IM'd him and finally he said he couldn't because "the car wouldn't start".  I brought Sarah over and the first thing I noticed was an ungodly stench.  He claimed the water line to the refrigerator icemaker broke and soaked the rug.  I noticed he seemed like he had been drinking a little but he denied it.  I spent about 1/2 hr there gathering up some of my things.  I went in the bedroom and peeked in his drawers and they were PACKED with whiskey bottles!  Two of them.  I didn't check the 3rd.  I checked mine and they had bottles too!  There must of been over 50.  I don't understand the purpose of keeping empty whiskey bottles.  Why not throw them out?  It was like that when I lived with him.  There were piles of them all over.  The kitchen was full of filthy dishes, some with mold in them.  I didn't even want to leave Sarah there.  Against my better judgement, I did.  I tried calling later but there was no answer.  She called at 10 PM and said he had taken her to a carnival at the mall.  He sounded sober so I went to bed.  She called me at 7 AM and said that a chair was tipped over and there was a whiskey bottle on the floor and her Dad was still asleep.  I went over to get her and he was still in bed.  There was an enormous bottle on the floor, like a gallon of it of Jim Beam and a kitchen chair was knocked over.  I took a few pictures with my cell phone camera.  It was dark in there tho.  I wanted to call the sheriff but couldn't find the number in my cell phone.  I went in and woke him up and he said he wasn't drinking and the bottle was from "before".  I said it wasn't there yesterday and he said he had a "little".  According to the order he isn't supposed to drink at all during visitation to access.  I called the law guardian and left a message with her.  See what she thinks I should do.  Linda

Thanks to Donna for the graphic, link on right!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrrr  some just never learn.  Good Luck with this Linda
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

Awww... I'm so sorry for Sarah's sake. You would think these dads would get a clue as to who they are really hurting. Does he not think that his daughter is gonna remember this? It makes me sick. Hope you can get things taken care of.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

Sorry this had to happen with Sarah there....I wish he would realize there is an issue there....

Michele
http://journals.aol.com/glensfork4/these-are-my-thoughts/

Anonymous said...

How sad that Sarah had to witness that ~ he dosn't deserve a Daughter ~ and I certainly would not want to leave a child of mine in those circumstances ~ will be interested to know what the 'Law Guardian' thinks of it all ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

what a jerk. glad you got sarah out of there. he doesn't deserve to have her even visit

Deb

Anonymous said...

MAN..YOU WOULD THINK THAT HE COULD CONTROL IT JUST UNTIL HIS  BABY LEFT.LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

So sad and pitiful!  Poor sweet little Sarah.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

oh im so sorry Linda  - you are trying your best and he is really out of order - how dare he drink when he has his daughter - he really doesnt deserve to see her until he is able to control himself - it is his fault! I hope you can get it all sorted out. Love Laine xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/

Anonymous said...

That does not sound good. Was your daughter ok? That is the main thing.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I am talking about.  Remember I was telling you about my friend that I went to court for, to testify for custody of her child over the drunk, drug dealing, no job, freeloading, sorry SOB for a father. She was required by law to go every other weekend. He would have his buddies over til 3 in the morning, drinking, smoking, playing cards all night.  Isnt that just wonderful for that child.  I know it must be tearing your heart out, and I hope those pictures condemn him as they should.  Please keep  us posted and let us know what happens with that.

Anonymous said...

If you had gotten them out there to see that mess, you probably wouldn't ever have to let her go back, at least unsupervised.  Mold?  Ewwww, that's nasty.

Hugs and prayers,

Susan