Sunday, April 1, 2007

Busy Sunday

Today was a very busy day.  We started out by going to church for the Palm Sunday service.  We talked to Pastor Brown about Travis' baptism which will take place on Good Friday.  We are going to have a little cake after with the congregation.  Then it was off to finish the Woodlawn Woodland Walk.  What a cache.  We took two days to finish it.  At the end we were faced with a cliff and the GPS was giving us mixed signals as to the actual location of the cache.  I eventually had to call my Dad and get a clue.  Here we are zeroing in on it.

Finally we found it at the base of this cliff hiding behind a rock in a small cave. 

Finally the prize!  This is what a typical cache looks like.  An ammo box hidden somewhere.  This one had a few trinkets in it and a couple travel bugs.  Travel bugs are objects with a tag attached to them with a serial number.  You can track the number on line and see where the TB has traveled from cache to cache.  You can choose to take it or leave it where it is.  If you take one, you need to bring it to another cache and drop it off. 

After caching we tried to follow the nearest trail out, but it ended up going right where we didn't want to go.  We saw a road nearby and decided to go to it and walk back to the parking lot at Skidmore.  On the way Sarah fell in a ditch of mud and water.  That made her cry.  The road turned out to be about 2 miles away from the car, we started walking rather than face the woods and mud and ice again.  After about 1/2 mile I called my aunt and she came and gave us a ride.  We were a mess and exhausted so the ride was welcome.  I came home with all intentions of taking a nap.  Sarah was not in the mood so she called her Grandmother to come get her.  Grandma gave me a nasty look upon arriving.  I'm sure its because Sarah told her its because I wanted to take a nap.  Naps and mud are forbiddenin the Grandma book of rules apparently.  I did change Sarah's clothes first.  I'm sure she will report to Sarah's father.  I guess I shouldn't let it bother me, I'm sure I will never be good enough in her book.  Well, here is a bright little face to cheer me up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

so like fun... you look great!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

looks like you were having a good time. Happy you got a ride. I would have fallen asleep too when I got home.

Anonymous said...

Kids do get muddy Linda, it's part of their growing up process! At least you all had fun, even if you did get a little lost! I hope the baptism goes well on Friday. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun!!! Laine xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/elainey2465/art-degree/