Monday, April 16, 2007

Still storming!

Isn't this a cute graphic?  Thanks Donna!  The weathermen are in ecstatic rapture about the weather.  They keep saying things like Heavy rain, Low fronts, not going anywhere soon etc...  Sick men and women they all are! 

The news lately has been talking alot about the 60th anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the racial barrier in Major League Baseball.  Hard to believe that it was only that long ago.  60 years is not a long time.  You can see that racism is still alive and well in the US with people like the KKK and Don Imus.  I think another place where racism continues to thrive is in the hip-hop world.  I don't think that Black Americans should be hearing the N word or ho, or other nasty words from other Black Americans.  Why continue to keep such words and hate alive?  Its not going to help racism disappear.  I am not a racism expert at all but I think no one should use those type of words.  We need more heroes out there like Jackie Robinson who can be good role models for our youth.  Not those filthy rappers who glorify gang violence, treating women like prostitutes and generally be very bad American citizens. If I am being ignorant, can someone please enlighten me without using vulgar language?   Ok enough of my opinion. 

I am going to the Dr. this morning for a check up on my blood pressure and to get a fasting blood draw.  Last time I had to do the fasting blood draw I was in a pickle by the time I got there.  So I am cheating and having some weak coffee.  I have to have it!

I heard from my sister that her daughter Abbigail fell with her hands in her pockets right onto her face!  Her tooth went through her upper lip and here is the result!  Two stiches by the way!

Logan has been sick too with a really bad ear infection.  He had to be at the emergency room Saturday night.  Poor little sick kids. 

Now I know why The Ex drinks Jim Beam.  He lives in a fantasy world like this:

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL on the video........
have a great day!
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I think you are right Linda.  Too hard to respect someone who belittles others with thier speech.  And respect is a mighty tool against racism and other forms of hate.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

I agree with you....NO ONE SHOULD USE THOSE FILTHY WORDS ...BLACK OR WHITE...BECASUE IF IT IS OKAY FOR ONE , THEN IT SHOULD BE OKAY FOR THE OTHER...AND IT IS NOT OKAY.
LOVE YA,
CARLENE
P.S.
AND THAT VIDEO PROBABLY DOES HELPS KEEP THE LIQUOR FLOWING!

Anonymous said...

I think the comments, the speech that Bill Cosby says about blacks, is right on the money.  No one is keeping them down but themselves with all the filth in the dru gs...they have every opportunity to go out and make something of themselves, maybe moreso than whites these days...as they are favored so racism is not cried. Stand up for yourself and be the best you can be, no matter what color you are.

Anonymous said...

well if they would quit feeling sorry for themselves(the blacks) and wake up and act right the world would be a better place. I agree with Bill Cosby! Have a good week

Deb

Anonymous said...

Awww, poor kids.  Hope they are better soon.  We have had some stormy weather come through here as well in the past month or so.

Blessings!~

Susan